Monday, May 19, 2008

Didn't quite Beat the Bridge, but...

Well, Nick and I didn't beat the bridge during the race on Sunday, but we did finish all five miles! The only time we stopped jogging, was while waiting for the bridge to open and close at mile 2. Thats right, no walking! The unofficial results say we finished in just under 55 minutes, but the final results aren't posted until next week. So I'm super proud of both of us, as neither of us had ever run in a race before. (Nick, thanks for hanging back with me, I know you could have sprinted ahead a couple of times!) And kudos to Craig who beat the bridge and finished in under 40 minutes!!!

Thanks for everyones supportive words!

And a special thanks to Geoff who did two big things:

1. he wouldn't let me back out of the race when I was getting nervous before the race and
2. he was Super Supporter Extraordinaire who dropped us off in time, parked the car, met us before the race, cheered us on at the start, cheered us on at mile 2.5, and was there to remind us to walk after we finished running so we didn't get too sore (he parked a mile away from the stadium).

Here are the three of us before the race


And here at mile 2.5!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jaime! You are awesome. I love that you are even still smiling at mile 2.5!