Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beat the Bridge...



That's right folks, I'm going to try to run. The 25th annual Nordstrom Beat the Bridge to Beat Juvenile Diabetes is this Sunday morning at 8am. FIVE miles, slightly hilly. The draw bridge goes up just after the 2 mile marker (20 minutes after we start) and if the crowd isn't too big and if I'm feeling buff enough, I may beat the bridge. But I seriously doubt it. In any case I get to finish at the 50 yard line of Husky Stadium, it should be pretty fun. My friend Nick is going to be up from Portland that day, and he might be joining me for moral support.

Craig is also running it, although I'm pretty sure he is in the first or second group (the really fast and the fast groups) and Nick and I are in the last group.

So, I'm not fundraising for this because I'm sure I'll bug friends and family for some other good cause later in the year, but if you are interested in donating or finding out more about the race you can do that here.

Wish me luck! I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm SOOO excited for you! Good job!! Have you been running a lot lately?

craig j said...

I can't wait.

Geoff said...

I'll be there cheering everyone on...I'm no Forrest Gump