Jaime and I made it through Thanksgiving (with 22 of her closest relatives!) It was a grand time in San Francisco - we managed to stay active the whole time - Jaime's grandfather lives across the street from Golden Gate park - and I got to carve my first turkey! All I can say is God Bless butchers! Otherwise I would definitely be vegetarian. We also got to catch up with Uncle David and Aunt Elizabeth up in Napa (and got some wine tasting in as well!) and spent Wednesday afternoon/sunset by ourselves at the Marin Headlands. It is a great joy that when we travel to SF, we get to spend time with both of our families...(and can get time alone)
Two turkeys were cooked, 4 pies were baked, some large number of potatoes were mashed, good wine was poured unselfishly, and a grand time was had by all. Many many thanks to Steve (Pagra) for hosting us! There is no greater joy in life than good food, great wine, and the love of family, honestly. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
Marin Album available here and Thanksgiving dinner album here
Now on to Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment