Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!!! (Keep it classy, North Bend!)

I realize these are becoming simple weekend updates. Come on, isn't that what "everybody's working for"? "The weekend"?


After a quiet Friday night at the gym, Jaime and I had another action packed weekend (now with kung fu grip!) I FINALLY picked up another keg on Saturday - a 1/4bbl of Diamond Knot IPA. Well worth the drive to Mukilteo! After cleaning up around the house a bit, I got back into "costume" and we got ready for dinner. Had friends over, enjoyed good wine and great steak, and greeted a total of......................


2 groups of trick or treaters. Apparently a lot of the parents in the neighborhood are in the dark to the fact that we give out treats for them as well! Keg cup, anyone? Anyway, on to Sunday.

Ah there's nothing like an extra hour of sleep when you might possibly have been up a little late. Sunday we slowly gathered ourselves, and decided to embrace the lingering fall sun with a hike on the John Wayne trail out of North Bend. The air was brisk, but it was sunny, and an absolutely gorgeous day out. Our hike ended up somewhere right around 6 miles. Not too bad on a Sunday afternoon with an hour less of daylight. The trail follows the old Milwaukee Road railroad grade out of the former town of Moncton along the edge of the city of Seattle watershed. I have to admit, I've had a bit of a fascination with this area as of late. As we had previously (briefly) hiked the other end of the watershed at Landsburg, I would LOVE to be able to go all the way through (and follow the railroad grade) but unfortunately it is off limits. Here's a link to all the pics. And for the interesting back story on Moncton (known as Cedar Falls to the railroad), be sure to check out this link.




(As the sun sets, shadows lengthen)

We headed back to the car. Before heading to Renton to visit family, the Sportwagen required a fuel up so we stopped in North Bend for some diesel. Why would I include a boring story about getting fuel in the blog? As we're waiting our turn for one of the diesel pumps, a girl in a hoodie, sweatpants, and slippers gets out of her car, and pulls the gas hose out. As she places it back on the pump, she turns her backside to us and we discover that 1. She is NOT wearing undies and 2. She's got an itch on her butt that she can't wait to scratch. Wooooooow. Kids, say no to crack. For a second I thought she was just going to drop her pants and moon us - she might as well have...It was one of those moments where you turn to each other and give the "oh my god, did that just happen?" look...

After that - visiting Geoff's parents, dinner with Jaime's Aunt and Uncle, and home for an early dinner...that's a simple close.

Ooh - one more thing - I've committed to Movember - a month to shed light on men's health (and grow a cool mustache!) Here's a link to my fundraising page (benefits the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Live Strong). I'll be updating with pictures of my 'stache as it comes in, stay tuned for updates!

No comments: