So I've been meaning to blog about this for a while, but things have been busy since we returned home. Jen and Phil's wedding was absolutely awesome! As my father said, we never expected Jennifer to have the most formal wedding of the three of us, but I'm sure glad she did. Everything was amazing. At the ceremony, Father John Ryan gave a wonderful sermon, reminding everyone in the church of why they are there and what is really important in life. We had a fun ride on an open-air motorized cable car from the ceremony to the reception, which was narrated by one of the groomsmen - hilarious! Then we arrived at the reception, the mansion was beautiful. The flowers were elegantly done, the caterers were serving delicious appetizers and super yummy purple drinks, the cake was georgous, and everyone was talking!
There are a couple of things that I need to point out:
1. We couldn't have done that day without Katie - day of organizer extraordinaire! She took care of everything that day... have a problem? the answer: Call Katie! (by the way Katie, thanks for taking care of the trolley company when they didn't show up to pick up the bridesmaids at the hotel).
2. I have an amazing husband - I can't even tell you how many times Jen or Mom or I needed something and I just had to look at Geoff and he was off... to the store, checking into the hotel, picking someone up at the airport, flagging down limos, bringing me a fleece when I was freezing on the trolley.... countless small wonderful things.
3. We have a wonderful family - Through-out the whole weekend everyone was really supportive, helpful and truely happy to be there. Joe and Susan, you totally rocked. Joe was there with Geoff dealing with our trolley situation and Susan was very graceful and capable of being thrown into a sister situation that has not always been smooth. Everyone had so much fun that we are doing it again in a few years even if there isn't another wedding.
Additionally, I want to point out a few highlights of the evening:
1. Our limo running a red light as the bridal party sang "get me to the church on time".
2. Susan and the groomsman with her did a leapfrog into the reception for our introductions
3. The pictures of all the past cake-cuttings on the cake table
4. one word: "Dancing" (and that word covers a lot of stories)
5. Those yummy blue drinks at the end of the night that I don't remember (Susan and Natasha, I blame you).
6. In-N-Out burger at midnight in a bridesmaid dress
7. How competely happy and relaxed Mom and Dad looked from the minute they walked into the reception throughout the rest of the weekend.
Jen, thanks for such a wonderful, memorable evening. I especially loved how happy and relaxed you and Phil looked, especially once you made it down the aisle. Congratulations and wishes for a lifetime of happiness together.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooo.. . I loved your wedding weekend recap! Got to catch up with your mom yesterday - they came to Joe's game :) She mentioned the blue drinks at the end of the night! hahaha. Sorry for suckering you into that, but at the same time Im so happy I did. Seflish, i know. . . . All I know is they helped assure me I had some sweet dance moves that must be shown to everyone. hahah. Some pictures with the mariachi noise maker tell the story.
And um, I need to add that that DJ ROCKED!
I love being a part of the Forbes family!
Post a Comment