Hope everyone had a fun, festive, New Year celebration - Jaime and Craig and I headed out to the High Dive to see one of my favorite bands - the Radio Nationals - play. A dinner of sliders, tater tots and mini corn dogs along with 3 or 4 cups of Mac & Jacks plus a loud, ruckus, rock&roll/alternative country band made for a fun night.
Until about 10:30 when they finished their set...
Let me preface the night - You see, on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I woke up to a HUGE pain in my stomach - I'm pretty sure I got food poisoning from something...I spent a couple of hours dealing with that, and then got up for work in the morning. So I wasn't exactly feeling tip top.
Back to New Years Eve - So we stayed for Radio Nationals, then decided to bail, since neither Jaime nor I were really feeling all that into it. I'm sure the Dusty 45s are a fun band. But we didn't stick around to find out. On the plus side, Craig and I were the first two people in line at the Hot Dog cart, which did not disappoint. Thank god my appetite was back!
We headed home, bid Craig farewell, and promptly sat down on the couch and turned on the news. Jaime was kind enough to wake me from an impromptu slumber at 11:55, we watched the fireworks go off (was John Curley on meth?) and promptly went to bed. Does this make us lame? I say not - remember, I was recovering from my sickness, ok? We're not lame! Hope everyone has a happy and prosperous 2009. Here's to the future!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment