So I was out running errands last week...specifically on SR900 between Renton and Issaquah. Just driving along, minding my own business, sunroof open, tunes on the stereo. Suddenly the car in front of me swerved, and just as I was reacting, I saw what it was he was swerving to avoid - a chunk of concrete about the size of a softball. Without time to avoid it, I ran smack into it at about 45mph. I cursed at the top of my lungs, pulled the car over immediately and shut the engine off, assuming that this prison softball may have penetrated the aluminum skidplate I have protecting the oil pan. I waited for a break in traffic and peered my head underneath -
No fluid spills apparent (yet). Thank god! I let the car sit a minute and then fired it back up. No strange noises either, I think we're ok!
As I was about to pull onto the road again, I paused, got back out, and scrounged through the bushes for the assailant. I brought it home as a memento, and now we've got ourselves a nice redneck doorstop!
Behold the (lack of) carnage -
No comments:
Post a Comment