Geoff and Jaime have -
Worked a combined total of 90+ Hours (Jaime only took 1 day off, Geoff 0)
Spent app. 6 hours at the gym
Assembled 1 Kegerator
Averaged 46mpg in the Jetta with the AC on (That's 701 miles on one tank!)
Cooked numerous meals
Taken over 100 pictures
Spent over 8 hours listening to music (that's time in the car, folks!)
Last weekend we drove down to Portland to participate in our niece and nephew's baptisms. Apparently I'm responsible enough to be a god parent. Just thank god I'm not responsible enough to be a real parent yet...You hear that all you people quipping about Geoff and Jaime buying a family car? NOT a real parent!
We had a great time hanging out with Ryan Remick's parents Paul and Sandy. They have beautiful home that they opened up to us for the post Baptismal party! Isabel and Peyton were absolutely perfect at the ceremony, we are very excited to "officially" be Peyton's godparents, as are Ryan and Michal of Isabel.
We also had a nice dinner with Jaime's cousin Kelly and her boyfriend Matt. Jaime's friend Nick also joined us. Unfortunately our venue wasn't a very good choice - McMenamins Edgefield - it's a cool concept - Brewery, Winery, Park, Golf course, restaurant, concert venue all in one - but our service at the restaurant was atrocious...if non existent - by the time we got our food, it was already cold, and parts of the order were incorrect. Oh well! We went back to the Hotel Bar and had a grand time...but come Oregon, you can still smoke indoors? LAME!
Monday morning we drove back and took a nice detour to Mt. St. Helens as Jaime had never been before and I hadn't been in at least 12 years. Wow. What else can you say? Jaime was thoroughly impressed - funniest moment was after we had watched a video on the eruption, and they had mentioned the massive landslide when the entire north face of the mountain slid away. Jaime thought that maybe massive wasn't quite the right word...epic perhaps? Over 1400 feet of the top of the volcano and most of the earth inside was gone in little over 20 minutes. I'll post the pictures, but if you have not been, you need to go. And with the (fairly) new Johnston Ridge Observatory, you can get to within 2.5 miles of the crater. It's amazing to say the least...
The rest of the week was the usual - work gym cook work sleep etc...except Wednesday, when my kegerator finally arrived. Talk about gigantic box! I spent the late afternoon assembling it and got it all setup. Now I've just got to get the CO2 tank filled and pick up a keg and I'll be enjoying frosty cold beverages whilst saving money and not wasting glass!
We also had our friends Kevin and Param visit on Wednesday night and had a very nice evening chatting and imbibing with them...too bad they had to go home to New York.
Friday night all the Graves kids were able to get together, at Doofers no less! (A bar near my parents house) It was nice to be able to catch up with Ryan & Michal and Tina & Ryan without any children around. Unfortunately we had to keep it early because I had to work at 6am on Saturday.
I made it through work on Saturday and Jaime came and picked me up and we headed up to the cabin near Leavenworth. It was in the 80s by the time we got there and we arrived just in time for beer'o'clock. I started the campfire later and we had a nice night sitting out under the stars enjoying family. Sunday was spent floating in the river and enjoying the weather! I didn't get too badly burned, but clearly missed a couple of spots with the sunblock. I also managed to fall into the river and dunk the car keys and the camera, but everything works...And the best news of all - Thank God Jaime didn't get eaten by a bear...
And here we are on Monday...Jaime had to work, but ha, I had to get a filling replaced today...d'oh! Who says ibuprofen and IPA don't mix? Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try to keep more up to date...
Nordstrom's Anniversary sale starts Friday, so go shop!!!
2 comments:
I'm tired just reading that post! You guys are too popular. Hope you had a happy anniversary!!
i second being tired--can i get bullet points next time?
Post a Comment