
So Jaime and I spent the weekend down in San Francisco for several events - a family dinner, a bridal shower (whilst I was at The Saloon) and oh yeah, a FLIPPIN EDDIE VEDDER CONCERT!!! That's right, the principle songwriter and totally rockin' lead singer of the greatest band ever was performing sans backup at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium. Jaime and I made the drive down from San Fran via the coast highway and had an absolute blast at the concert. As Jaime said, sometimes Eddie's voice is hidden in the music of Pearl Jam, but when he's solo, there's no hiding his incredible baritone...
I was excited to hear songs off the "Into the Wild" soundtrack. Jaime's two favorite songs were a cover of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" and Eddie's own "No More", an anti-war song written about a soldier whom was paralyzed in the Iraq war. We had great seats in the 14th row center (though there wasn't a bad seat in the house) but unfortunately security was pretty tight, so no pictures. All in all, it was probably one of the best concerts I have EVER been to. So incredibly emotional and resounding. The man is a gift to music lovers everywhere.
Ok, enough about the concert. We also had a great time visiting family and having a barbeque at Jaime's grandfather's house (Thanks, Steve!) If you'd like to take a look at the pictures, here's a link. It's always a great time when we get together with the Forbes/Franks.
Also I got my fix of In'n'Out Burger!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment