Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!
Wow...2009 is drawing to a close...where has it gone? Apparently as you age, life speeds up. Anyway, we loved having sister Tina, bro in law Ryan, niece Isabel and nephew Peyton in town for Christmas, all the way from London!
Prior to their arrival we had several events - Saturday the 19th was the annual Graves family Holiday bash, which was a huge success. This is the first time in 3 years that everyone who wanted to was able to show up - no power outages, no foot and a half of snow! If you missed it this year, do yourself a favor and plan on coming next year. It really is THE social event of the season!
Sunday we rested and then took my mom to see Handel's Messiah at the Seattle Symphony. I have to be honest, it was a little more singing than I thought, and a tad long, but we still had a great time, as did mom! After one day of work for me (sorry, Jaime!) it was time for family!
What can I say other than we had a blast with our nieces (Kendal and Natalie as well) and nephew...I'll simply link to the complete Christmas album on Shutterfly here. Christmas Eve we managed to make it to Church, and then got to help Santa visit Isabel and Peyton at Nana's house. Santa didn't want his beer, so I drank it for him...(I do what I can!) Christmas morning was the usual breakfast and opening of gifts for the little ones (and a new zoom lense for Geoff from Santa!) After a quiet afternoon, the rest of the fam headed over for dinner at my parents' house. Food was ate, wine was drunk, stories were told, and a very merry Christmas drew to a close.
Now we're getting ready to celebrate the arrival of 2010 up in Bellingham with Courtney and Dan and friends, and then Saturday we head to New Orleans to leave on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean! I should have a TON of pictures from that when we return. In closing, 2009 has been an awesome year! Such a loving family (old and new!), such great friends, and many, MANY great stories. Thanks to everyone! Jaime and I look forward to the joy and happiness that 2010 is sure to bring...
By the way - top band of the decade? Why Pearl Jam of course! Were you expecting something else? Now go listen to Backspacer, or Self Titled, and let it rock your socks off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment