Sunday, December 14, 2008

December Snow...

**7:00 Update - Here's the video from a neighbor of the Corolla getting tagged by the tow truck -



**3:30 Update - Here's a link to all my pictures. So Jaime and I have been out and about taking in all the madness of people trying to drive on the ice. We also discovered this morning that a tow truck slid into the Corolla where it was parked - d'oh! So now it's on its way to a body shop to get fixed up all purdy and new! Thistle street near our place is a complete sheet of ice! Cars sliding, buses stuck, craziness!



So, it snowed last night...
I don't know what it's like over the rest of the Puget Sound, but apparently West Seattle was one of the harder hit areas (especially our area). Of course, Jaime and I didn't know this when we left a Christmas party last night around 10. It was snowing lightly in Wallingford - we headed out through downtown where it was wet, but not sticking, got over the West Seattle Bridge and the situation changed. As we made our way down 35th back toward home, it got worse and worse. We made it all the way to Thistle St, where I made a driving in the snow mistake, and tried to turn on to Thistle a little too quickly. I turned the wheel, hit the brakes, and nothing happened. Jaime and I slid into and up onto the curb, hit a dry spot, and the car came to a stop. "Oh, sh*t" Fortunately at this point the only damage is one flat tire. I'll probably have to get it alligned after getting the tired fixed as well, but the wheels are both pointing in the same direction, so hopefully no bent tie rods. The other fortunate thing was that we were only six blocks from home, so we grabbed our stuff, locked the car, and trudged home in the falling snow. Enjoy some pictures from last night/this morning!



2 comments:

craig j said...

wow...now i see why you didn't want me to pick up jaime.

Unknown said...

impressive video from the neighbor... too bad it has that ending though. Ryan still says it is a sign for the Corolla.