Ah, Labor day weekend...the last gasp of summer. And judging by the weather, it's VERY true this year.
Jaime and I spent the weekend at the property/cabin with niece Kendal...and yes, we volunteered for it (well, Jaime did anyway). The weather was at least a little better on the other side of the mountains, got some sun in (and some wind). Wasn't warm enough for swimming (oh well) but we had a good time anyway. Kendal was wonderful the whole time! Only snafu would be the cricket that was chirping from the ceiling at 2am. BUT, a flashlight and a broom took care of that. I swatted him off the ceiling and "took him outside" (translation for those without kids - I squished him).
Housework continues...I'm now a lighting expert - can change out a fixture in about ~30 minutes! We've only got 4 fishbowl fixtures left, so after that, I guess I'll have to develop some other specialty. Thank god Jaime enjoys painting. Also working on the slow process of replacing every outlet in the house (they're all beige and worn out). I've only managed to shock myself twice. Whoever wired this house decided to randomly assign outlets/switches to breakers, because it makes absolutely NO sense! Oh well, the joys of homeownership.
Summer of 30 was a HUGE success - sorry to those that could not make it! Unfortunately, I was so busy socializing that I didn't get any pictures! If anyone has a picture of the hot dog cart, please send it my way. Also, Craig's a rockstar for letting us borrow his Subaru to tow the cart out of the backyard (and hopefully not destroy his clutch!)
Beyond that, summer is drawing to a close. Jaime's folks will be in town next week, and the weekend after that, we're leaving for Oktoberfest. Where has the time gone.
Ok, I'm gonna get back into a rhythm and keep things updated.
Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment