Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Calm before the storm...


So it's quiet this week. Jaime's out of town on business. I don't have any grand plans. I'm rather enjoying it. But it won't last. It never does.

Friday night is the start of Oktoberfest in Fremont. Yummy.
Saturday night is the pre-release of Backspacer, for which I have been waiting months. I'll be down at Easy Street rocking out with all my Pearl Jam brethren.
SUNDAY - We will be welcoming our 3rd niece (Ryan and Michal's 2nd daughter) into the world! This will be a grand event. I'd also like to mention that Ryan and Michal are two for two - Pearl Jam's last album (Self Titled) was released - can you guess? Do you know Kendal's birthday? That's right - May 2nd, 2006! Sunday is the official release date of Backspacer. I will officially have two totally rockin' nieces! (and a niece and nephew in England whom I miss dearly!)
Oh, also, Jaime gets home from traveling.
Monday - Night 1 at Key Arena - Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 are opening. We're going to pre-funk with neighbors Chris and Yvonne.
Tuesday - Night 2 at the Key. Same plan, except this time we'll be prefunking with Regan and Lindsey!
Saturday - I'm driving to Portland to rock out some more. Josh has never seen Pearl Jam live. We're taking care of that!
Finally, on Tuesday the 29th, Jaime and I are going to see Wicked at the Paramount. Word on the street is it's pretty good. And afterall, she's endulging my musical love, so I can only return the favor. Should be a good time!
I think October starts after that...

***Oh, also - begin ranting now - Seriously, Seattle Public Schools? You're ACTUALLY considering lowering the graduation requirements? SERIOUSLY? A D average? I mean, I was never a perfect student, but come on, that's absolutely absurd! Where's the f*cking motivation for that?

2 comments:

JaimeErin said...

I like how "oh and Jaime gets home from traveling" is at least mentioned. Sorry I will miss the delivery of our newest niece (and of course the release of backspacer)!

I'm on Business until Friday, but then I get to spend Saturday and part of Sunday with my parents and my sister in Miami! It will be really nice to hang out with them and not be focused on some other large event (wedding, thanksgiving, christmas, etc.) We will miss you Joe, Susan, Geoff and Phil!

Unknown said...

I may deliver totally rockin' nieces but still am pretty jealous that you get to see Ben Harper and Pearl Jam!! And get to pre-funk with Reg and Linds.

Alas, I guess the new baby will have to tide me over this time. ;)