Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big Ole Update

(view from the top of Mt Diablo - Geoff and Jaime's Cali Trip)

So - let's just keep this messy and get things updated.
Did you know...

On June 27th, Jaime ran the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon. She finished in 2:29:00. I'm super proud of her!!! And she's super proud of herself for beating her goal of 2 and 1/2 hours! ROCK ON JAIME!!!! Also many thanks to Craig for the running plan and the moral support. Have I told everyone I think running is a tool of the devil?


4th of July weekend Jaime and I traveled to San Francisco to visit our respective families. We had a wonderful time in Sonoma wine tasting, had a great lunch with Uncle David and Aunt Elizabeth, and spent WAAAAAAY too much on good wine. We FINALLY got the chance to get Jaime out to the East Bay and traverse Mt. Diablo (there's a road all the way to the top). The rest of the weekend was spent back in the city at Pagra (Grandpa) Steve's house, and in Pacifica for the 4th at Uncle Jack and Aunt Cindy's house, where I got a chance to exercise my primal urges (alcohol and fire).


Jaime's uncle Jeff (on her dad's side) got a new puppy - a Tibetan terrier. Jaime took like 100 pictures of the dog. Here's one -



I have a (slightly) new job in Nordstrom IT. It's not really official, and I sure as heck didn't get a raise, but I will now be a member of the TSS (technology support services) Project team. It means less time answering phones for me (a good thing) and a chance to develop some more of my IT/Project Management skills (also a good thing). I'll let you know how things are working out for me in a couple of months...

Other than that, we're just trying to keep caught up on housework and gardening, and finish out the summer. Somewhere in the fall we're hoping to get out to London to visit Tina and Ryan. Oh yeah - Pearl Jam in playing the Key Arena September 21st and 22nd, and I got my Ten Club tickets. I LOVE MY WIFE because I was stuck in a meeting and she faithfully got onto their website and scored me the tickets. General on sale is this Saturday at 10am through Live Nation. Get some and I'll see you there!!!!!

Josh and Liisa - we'll see you in two weeks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to it!