Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gravity - 1; Geoff - 0

So in my effort to battle the elements, the giant Cedar tree on the south side of our house, and the mess that is our gutters, I took a slight fall today...from the ladder...

(Missed the gutter)

As I was trying to spray out the gutters, I extended slightly, and in that instant, the ladder slipped a little, and quickly toppled...I reached for anything I could, but as you can see from the image below, I was not successful...

(Hand print left by my muddy glove)

Fortunately for me, I was on the short side of the house - it slopes slightly downward from East to West. Of course, this may have also played a part in the ladder's loose footing. Also fortunately, the Fuchsia bush was there to break my fall even more - especially since I landed on it flat on my back...

(Poor Fuchsia, we'll miss you!)

I know for a fact that I cursed at the top of my lungs as I fell, and not 5 seconds later Jaime was standing over me (she had been pruning in the front yard)...I assured her I was ok, and lay there for about 30 seconds, still trying to figure out how it had all started. She helped me out of the bush, and I regained my composure. We spent the rest of the afternoon pruning the Fuchsia, sweeping up the mess, and called it a day.

I'm a little stiff at the moment, but I'm sure tomorrow morning is going to be when I really feel it. Nothing an Aleve and a beer can't take care of.


2 comments:

JaimeErin said...

The incident went something like this:

Geoff on ladder, Jaime around the corner of the house trimming hedges.

*Crash*
Jaime: "Geoff, are you ok?"
Geoff: "yeah"
Jaime: "Was that the ladder?"
Geoff: "yeah"
Jaime: "were you on it?"
Geoff: "yeah"
both: *@$%^!

craig j said...

i have several ice packs from IT band issue earlier this summer if you want to borrow 'em.