Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From EndoGastric to Epigenomics

My last day at EndoGastric Solutions is Thursday Sept 11th. Then we travel to Connecticut to visit Mom and Dad, and I return on the 20th to start a new job at Epigenomics. The following are the reasons for the change:

1. I no longer have to tell people I work at EndoGastric Solutions... that was always hard to explain
2. My commute will be less time, and I won't be driving (go Metro!)
3. I needed the monitoring experience I will get at Epigenomics (and the frequent flyer miles)
4. Clinical team has years of experience I can learn from
5. Someone's gotta help find a better diagnostic test for colon cancer
6. I love change
7. Redmond had way too many cops watching radar

8. 5 weeks of vacation!
9. I wasn't about to try to commute to Redmond everyday with the construction of replacing the viaduct, renovating SR-520, and widening I-405.
10. I missed molecular biology

On a serious note, it was an excellent opportunity for me and I gained a lot of experience. I met a lot of wonderful people at EGS who I will miss very much. I wish the company the best!

I'll be sure to update with my new experience in a few weeks, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for #2 and #8. Though I have to be jealous of #8... 5 weeks!! Congrats again Jaime! We are so excited for you.