Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Garage Sales of Yore...

So two weekends ago, we got around to offloading the little amount of useless junk we had lying around the house in our neighborhood garage sale...Really, we're young still, and we have no closets, so honestly it's been difficult collecting a whole bunch of crap...though we do what we can.


Anyway, we awoke bright and early Saturday morning, August 16th and modestly set out our two tables full of "stuff" to peddle to the masses. Neighbors Carter and Dan did an awesome job advertising and Chris put up some great signage! It was an absolutely beautiful (if slightly warm) day, and in the end, we walked away with about $80 - sweet! Granted, we were going up against some serious contenders. Our neighbors Chris and Yvonne, who were offloading a TON of kids stuff (they have a 4 year old daughter) walked away with a figure well above $1000. Please don't tell the IRS. The good news was that as a result, they had to buy dinner for Jaime and I, and our neighbors Carter and Dan! We had some great company throughout the day as well. Thanks to Craig, Brooke, Eric and Cameron for stopping by! (Edit - Also major thanks to Michal and Ryan and Kendal for stopping by too! I can't post pictures of the naked two year old in the kiddie pool!)

After a long day in the sun, we headed over to Brooke and Eric's house to relax for a drink and hang out in their deck pool...classy!!! (Thanks again!!!!) We then headed back over to Chris and Yvonne's and enjoyed pizza and drinks.

This is how I classify a winning Saturday - 1. I don't have to go to the gym 2. I get to relax in the sun 3. I make money (even if only a little) 4. I get to spend time in a pool (even if it's only 2 feet deep and inflatable) 5. I have pizza for dinner 6. I can imbibe as much as I want, because I only have to stumble back across the street 7. I get to enjoy family and friends

There was no way this day could have been better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so no mention of us stopping by and having a naked baby in the pool... are you embarrassed or something?